Woohoo so it has finally happened! This week CIM sent me my first CPD certificate!
So what is CPD?
In CIM words:
‘The proactive maintenance and extension of professional knowledge, skills and personal qualities required to drive responsible practice throughout working life.'
In my words:
Proof that I’m totally obsessed with marketing and I’ll do whatever it takes to enhance my knowledge and expertise.
You get the gist right? It’s a way of showing dedication to your profession and this year I dedicated 35+ hours!
Through studying for my CIM level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing and attending networking events such as Ad Week Europe (attending events do officially count towards CPD if it’s stated in the event details, Ad Week counted as 6 hours) I was eligible to meet the criteria!
I sincerely recommend anyone in marketing to get involved with CPD through CIM or your independent professional body if you’re in a different profession.
Focusing mainly on CIM, here are some of the benefits of joining their CPD programme:
- New skills and knowledge, up-to-date with the latest trends.
- Tangible evidence of your commitment, competence and professionalism.
- Enhanced opportunities in a competitive job market.
- Personal confidence in your credibility as a marketer.
- A clear route to Chartered Marketer status.
- An opportunity to track progress and receive recognition for your achievements.
- Improved productivity.
- Increased ability to adapt positively to change.
- Did I mention it’s free with your membership too?
It means you’re working towards fulfilling one of the criteria needed to achieve Chartered Marketer status!